Kern Coalition Against Human Trafficking (KCAHT) is a grassroots coalition that was created to facilitate a comprehensive approach to combat human trafficking in Kern County through prevention, protection, prosecution and partnerships. KCAHT, launched in 2012, is comprised of Law Enforcement, Victim Services Providers, Legal Service Providers, City and County Government Departments, Health and Mental Health Care Providers, Faith Communities, and Concerned Citizens that are dedicated to working together to address the critical issue of Human Trafficking in Kern County. The coalition members aim to
- Provide victim services
- Actively encourage a victim centered and evidence based approach that results in effective protection and prosecution.
- Raise public awareness through events and media
- Provide prevention to vulnerable communities
- Provide and facilitate training for Law Enforcement, Health Care Providers, service providers and other interested parties
- Perform community outreach to relevant populations